Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Acknowledge and make a difference!

13 December 2010,

I finally decided to start my own blog! It was on my mind since long, but wasn't sure if I should do it or not! 

Trying hard, to find a suitable topic, I pick up my cell and realize that I need to clear a few messages as inbox is full! Since it is already December (Mahn! this year really got over fast!), most of the messages were related to New Year-2011. As I was deleting the messages in bulk, one particular message caught my attention! It read-

"Entering the last month of 2010, send this to all those who made you happy this year.Thanks for being in my life and making me smile!"

It was sent by two of my close friends Jovita and Sonya! This message wasn't a joke, neither a shayari,  nor was it a very 'hatke' kindda message...But there was something in it, which is why I did not delete those two messages. And I dunno why, I felt happy and proud of the fact that I had made someone happy! Unknowingly! Somewhere, sometime! And what made it even more special is the fact that, they both remembered it, and "acknowledged" me for it! And, it indeed made me feel special.! :)

We all are very good human beings. Helping someone, making a crying person smile, is something that we would love to do. But doesn't it feel absolutely special and nice, when someone remembers the same, and expresses grattitude and acknowledges you?

I had once read-"Do good, help people, but don't expect anything in return". Agreed! When we help someone, it should be selfless.  But sometimes I feel, that this makes people take relations for granted! As a friend, we expect that our friend MUST help us. He MUST stand up for us when we are alone. But how many of us, really stop and do the same for them? How many of us have turned to our friend and genuienly said, "Saale, thanks yaar! Tu nahi hota toh mera kya hota!" ,instead of that, the line that comes to our mind is-"Arre usne hi bola tha, dosti mein no sorry, no thanks!"


I once had a status on Facebook-"It is not always about you helping out and supporting your frnz...At times, they too need to value you, your presence, your help.....its only then that friendshp lasts, flourishes and blooms!"

They say, in every relation, it is all about "give and take". If  you expect help, then the least you can do is acknowledge that person, his help, his presence in your life. That person too, has the right to feel special, don't they?

Life is a long journey, and it is bland without relationships. You have them all, now, it's upto you to preserve, nurture and strengthen them. Because, according to me, all relationships come with a "Handle with care" tag! You need to open your eyes and notice them.

So all you folks, reading this, pick up your cell-phone lying over there, type a "MESSAGE OF GRATTITUDE" and send it to all those people whom you never want to loose in life! Show them, that you value their presence in your life and then see, how wonderful things would be!

P.S.: Start with your mother! :) ;)
So on that note, I wrap up my first blog! Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed typing it!
And sticking to my words, I would like to acknowledge two people who encouraged me into starting a blog: Ram Santosh and Venugopal Rajamani! Thanks a lot! :)


Regards-
 Rithika

17 comments:

  1. welcome.. a great start... xpect more of such write ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rithika! it was really a pleasure reading this... keep writing! u sure are cut out for writing :) :)
    p.s: i also wish to tell you that u've made me smile too this year... so thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice writing!! the last part was great.... specially the ps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Riddhi and Raj:Thanks a lot! ;)

    @Ranjani: Aaawww! I too have always had a good time with you, though, don't know you too close yet! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome writing...keep it up...am proud of u ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey good 1...xpctin more of such stuff frm u..ur 2 gud @ it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job... But a "scope" for improvement!
    P.S- I remember the above stuff discussed with me as a "passing convo"... :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super!!
    much better than my first blog post!
    what you said is very true..helping and taking help is a part of every relationship.
    crisis in personal life gives you the best of friends and makes u realize how much ur parents support you .
    but we must remember to pay gratitude to all those who have helped us to be what we are today..
    when you really thank the tree that gave you mangoes to eat..you feel better than the tree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sooo good and Straight from the heart!! Very genuine too! As ranju commented you are cut out for writing!!! Keep blogging! Very proud of u!

    lots of luv and wishes - Kala Chitthi

    ReplyDelete
  10. very very well written.....it really nice reading ur 1st blog post..looking forward to many such......KHUSUR..PHUSURS...Luv u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @everyone: thnku! thnku! A lotttt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. firstly, welcome aboard :)

    it's not just you who is in this dilemma! :)
    i was once reading this blog about the the concept of saying thank you and you're welcome... different generations in the same culture perceive it differently...

    for example: if you say thank you to me, i'd say it's cool and not you're welcome... but it doesnt go well with some crowd...

    anyways.. keep this good work on..
    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Raison: (If that's your name!)
    Now, when I write a "Thank you" to you, it would be because you read my work and commented also! It would just be an act of courtesy..
    But, in d post above, "thanku" stands for expressing gratitude and acknowledgement for a person who matters to you, and has done a lot for you..I don't see any generation or culture coming in between! Itz all about "acknowledging"

    Anyways, thank you for the comment! Tc! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...