Monday, December 27, 2010

Nothing is complex!

I remember my first day of 11th standard, as a SCIENCE student! Just out of school, gearing up and all excited for a new start-College!! yippeeee!

The first sir enters the class.
Math Sir: Good morning students! I am going to take maths for you all.

Me (to myself): Aiyyoo!! No no! I hate math! It is difficult. 
That subject screwed up my 10th marks also. I hate it! I don't wanna start my 11th with it!! plllleeeeaassseee!!

Math Sir starts discussing the portion, paper pattern etc.! 



Me (to myself): Shit shit!! diz sux big time!! bborrrriinnnggg! I knew I wouldn't like it!
Mummmy!!!!

Math Sir: Okay, so now we start with the first topic of 11th std. (pauses).

Me:(Sigh!)

Math Sir: Complex numbers.

Me: Whhaaaattt!! "Complex numbers!" ...Is he kidding? Can't he start with something easy? We are beginners, not some pro!! Wtf! 

Math Sir starts the chapter and I am left with no other option but to remove a book and pen and start alongwith him! Duh!

I browse through the pages of the chapter and find some alphabets, some square-roots and loads of "exercises"...He starts with the introduction, moves on to formulae and then to sums! And, I sit there, all the while looking at him and remembering- Math is JUST NOT my cup of tea! 

Sir starts the chapter, I realize my cribbing isn't going to help...I would rather try to follow the concept and learn what is being taught.
The chapter starts, it gets over, days pass...I practice it at home as it was in the portion for my sems.

Exams are over. Results are out and I realize that I've done well, really well in Math! Especially, the section wid COMPLEX numbers in it! Infact, my maths score was better than all other subjects! No, I am not boasting about my "newly-acquired Math skills", I was juz projecting out the "attitude".

Doesn't it happen with all of us, sometime or the other? We often go by superficial view, and create impressions. About many things!

LIFE, too! I had a friend (who is still a friend, but not in touch!). Anything and everything that happend in class, good or bad, in her personal life, any problem, her attitude and approach was that- all the bad things in the world are fated for her! Her this approach used to, sometimes spoil all our moods!

Each coin has two sides.Agreed! That doesn't mean that you constantly have to emphasize on the negative side. 

Life isn't about being negative! It is a simple funda- Your life, you do what you like to do! At the age where you can't move your limbs, when you look back, you must not regret of the chances that you didn't take! Dying with a regret, is the worst punishment one can give himself! 

The reason why you shouldn't be negative is 'coz life isn't complex too! (Solving the chapter with regards to -ve numbers were difficult! trust me!)
When things are complex, you don't have a solution, that is when you get over-hyper and act pessimistic. But, when every problem in LIFE has a solution, tomorrow even if you fall in a mess, you WILL make a way out! Then why worry? Why not rather take risks and learn the lesson?!
And as far as results of "taking risks" and coming out successful are concerned, they are very sweet! very very sweet!

Our life isn't complex  because:
  • At this stage, we don't have the responsibilty of raising a family(Bills, children, handling a house is more difficult than studies, for sure!).
  • Our parents and friends are still with us.
  • We do not need to worry about bills!
  • We get all that we need. (I won't use the word "WANT")
  • We don't need to "earn" money yet.
  • The only things that are irritating are studies! And ironically, that is the only thing we got to do!
  • Things HAVE changed, but not to an extent that they can't be mended.
With soo many positive points, I don't really find a reason to be pessimistic!

P.S.: This post is mainly for those students, who think like my "not-in-touch friend"!
And, all the parents or adults reading this, your lives are difficult, I know. But still, NOT complex!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets, everything happens for a reason! Forgive quickly! If there is a second chance, grab it. If it changes your life, let it! No one said life would be easy, but you can be assured that it would be worth it!

Nothing is complex, neither numbers, nor LIFE!

Infact, Math is now, one amongst my "liked" subjects! :)





Wishing y'all a very happy, fresh and awesome 2011! Enjoy!

Regards,
Rithika




10 comments:

  1. hey rithika! it was a pleasure reading this! keep writing more... love u so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rithika..nicely written..
    one small suggestion though..Please please change the background colour..OR the font colour..found it really difficult to read stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnku!

    @Kashi: Will surely take care of that!Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg u have d potential of becomin a writer
    chal lets hope to c ur name in bookstands :) :D
    btw the post was awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ur writing skills r very good...!!!! :)
    sahi hain..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aree fatte tha very motivating and inspirational!!!
    btw who is dat not in touch frnd :p ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rithika,
    Loved reading your blog.
    Keep writing such delightful pieces.
    Happy New Year
    Vikram

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mustafa, Sachin and Raj: Thanks a lot!!

    @Vikram Sir: This your first comment on my work! And I am glad you liked it! Thnku! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Math eh!!

    Now you know what you gotta put in your SWOT the next time you write it.. ha ha ha ha..

    I did well in my Math exam too, left it all white.. lolz!! ha ha ha..

    Happy Writing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...